The classic Swiss Army Bicycle, as used by the Swiss Bicycle Infantry. Officially called Ordonnanzfahrrad Modell 05, it was introduced in 1905 and in continuous use until replaced by the MO-93. It was built between 1905 and 1989 by Schwalbe, Cäsar, Cosmos and Condor. Swiss bicycle Infantry were phased out in 2001. The most recognisable feature of most Swiss Army Bicycles is the large carry case fitted into the frame. It is accessed from the right-hand side, whilst having a separate document and map compartment on the left-hand side. They were painted all-over basic black, usually semi-matt, although some later models were painted olive drab. Fittings and accessories were variously black, brown or olive drab in colour. The basic model saw many variations as it was adapted for use in many different fields of warfare. Some were stripped down of all non-essential fittings for use as a messenger transport. Fitted with a 57 cm one-size-fits-all frame for men between 1.55m and 1.95m tall, they had 650B (26" x 1-1/2") wheels. They were typically fitted with a 20-tooth rear sprocket, and a 46-tooth chainring giving an overall gearing of about 60 gear inches. Two-wheel trailers were used for carrying cargo or a stretcher.